Estimated Arrival: Between Dec 09 and Dec 11. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free shipping. All The Time
The Vive Health 8" Alternating Pressure Mattress is perfect to prevent and alleviate painful pressure on patients who have limited mobility or are bedridden.
- 19 ALTERNATING AIR CHAMBERS: Continually redistributing the weight, the air chambers inflate and deflate alternatively
- VARIABLE PRESSURE SETTINGS: Adjust the amount of air pressure for personal comfort and support or select the static or seated setting as necessary
- ULTRA-QUIET COMPRESSOR: Easy to set up, the digital compressor pump is exceptionally quiet to provide a restful atmosphere
- REMOVABLE WATERPROOF COVER: Constructed with durable, latex-free vinyl, the waterproof alternating mattress is easy to clean
8” TWIN XL MATTRESS: Supporting up to 350 pounds, the mattress is engineered for even support and breathable comfort
- Intended for use by those confined to a bed for an extended period of time
- Prevents sores that are caused by prolonged bed rest
- Power cord attached directly to pump
- Electrical Power Supply: 110-120 volts
- The pump is 10.25” x 3.5” x 4.75”
- Length: 80"
- Width: 35"
- Height: 8"
- Position the mattress on the bed and secure it to the bed using the straps.
- Connect the mattress feed pipes to the compressor (pump) connector using the flexible hose.
- Secure the compressor and plug it into an outlet.
- Turn on the mattress and begin use. Make sure the mattress has been fully inflated before positioning the patient on top of it.
- Vive Alternating pressure mattress
- Vive digital compressor pump
- Connecting air hose
- Replacement air chamber
- Patching Kit
- One-year guarantee on pump
- 60-Day Guarantee on the pad
What is the purpose of an alternating pressure mattress?
This is a mattress replacement system for home or hospital beds. It has air-filled channels that alternate filling up and decompressing to keep bearing weight off certain areas, and allows blood flow to reach different areas of the body of immobilized or weak patients who cannot shift their weight frequently.
What is included with my purchase? Do I need to purchase anything in addition?
Everything you need is included with your purchase, nothing additional is required. Each unit includes the Vive 8” alternating pressure mattress, the Vive pressure pump, flexible air hose, one replacement air chamber, and one patching kit.
How do I know if I need an alternating pressure mattress?
An alternating pressure mattress should be used for patients who are likely to spend more than 15 hours per day in bed or who are classified as medium to high risk of developing pressure ulcers, or bedsores.
How do I set up the alternating pressure mattress?
It’s very easy. Position the mattress on the bed and secure it to the bed using the strap. Connect the mattress feed pipes to the compressor (pump) connector using the flexible hose. Secure the compressor and plug it into an outlet. Turn on the mattress and begin use. Make sure the mattress has been fully inflated before positioning the patient on top of it.
How do I adjust the firmness or softness of my alternating pressure mattress?
Do the air cells cycle?
Yes, the air chambers cycle to redistribute pressure. The air-filled channels alternate from inflating to deflating to help vary the pressure and reduce the risk of pressure sores and ulcers.
What is the cycle time?
Each alternating cycle is approximately 10-12 minutes in length.
What is the pressure range?
The air pressure range is 20 to 80 mmHg.
How loud is the pump?
The pump is very quiet. You will hear a slight hum as the air pressure alternates.
Can you sit the hospital bed up in a sitting position with this mattress?
Yes! The alternating mattress includes a static seating setting for using a hospital bed in the sitting position.
Does the alternating pressure mattress help to avoid/reduce bedsores?
Yes, the alternating pressure mattress is used in the prevention and healing of bedsores. It is recommended that bedridden patients be turned and high-risk areas inspected regularly.
How do you make the mattress alternate pressure?
The mattress alternates all by itself! Plug the mattress into the wall and allow an hour to fill completely. Once filled, the bed automatically alternates air in every other air panel. As one fills and gets firmer, the others lose air and get softer. This constant alternating helps move the patient’s body and adjusts the pressure points of patients who will be bedridden for extended periods of time.
The nurse recommended a low air loss mattress system. Is this the right product?
This replaces a standard mattress. You need a box spring or hospital-style bed frame to put it on. No mattress is required.
Is the pump compatible with 220 volts?
No, the pump is not compatible with 220 volts. It used standard 110V only.
How do I clean my alternating pressure mattress?
To clean your mattress, make sure to disconnect from the electrical outlet. Use a damp towel with mild soap and water to wipe down, and then dry with a soft towel. You can also wipe it down with alcohol wipes or light rubbing alcohol.
Can I remove the cover?
Yes, the waterproof cover is removable.
Is the cover waterproof?
Yes, the latex-free cover is completely waterproof.
Do the cells at the head alternate?
No, the three cells at the head of the mattress inflate and stay static to act as a pillow.
How do I patch my alternating pressure pad if it gets a leak?
Which direction does the mattress go on the bed?
The mattress has a “head” and “foot” logo so you know which direction the patient should lay. This is important because the cells below the head do not alternate.
Where can you buy new bladders for them?
In the unlikely event of a bladder that is not properly inflating, try resetting the pump. This may solve the problem. If this does not work, the Vive alternating pressure mattress does include one replacement air chamber and a patching kit for small leaks.
What sizes do the mattresses come in?
This is a twin size-mattress that fits a standard hospital bed frame. The dimensions of the mattress are 80” x 35” x 8”.
Does the mattress fit a hospital bed?
Yes, the mattress fits both regular twin and hospital bed frames.
How thick is this mattress?
It is comfortable and supportive 8 inches thick.
Is the mattress latex-free?
Yes, this mattress is latex-free.
Can you fix a punctured tube?
Follow the directions in the bladder patch kit to properly fix a punctured air bladder.
Can you add a mattress pad on top of the mattress cover? Would it impede the airflow?
The mattress pad on top of the mattress will not impede airflow, however, you may find that the mattress is more comfortable without one!
Can I buy the mattress without the pump?
Currently, the mattress and pump are only sold as a set.
How do I prevent pressure ulcers or bedsores?
Get as much movement and activity as possible. Change positions frequently to relieve the pressure of prone body areas. Make sure that you are eating and drinking the right things. A healthy and balanced diet with plenty of water will help to prevent these sores. Take regular checks of your skin for any signs of pressure ulcers, and alert your doctor of any signs.
How severe are pressure ulcers?
This depends on the stage or grade of your existing or developing sore. Grade 1- Permanent red spot that is not broken. May feel warm to the touch, hard or swollen. Grade 2- Sore is still superficial and may look like a blister or abrasion. Grade 3- Ulcer uses the full thickness of the skin and damage is done to the tissues underneath. Grade 4- Most severe. Deep ulcer and damage are done to muscles or bone underneath.
What is the weight limit of this mattress?
The alternating pressure mattress supports up to 350 pounds.
Does the pump need to stay on the floor?
No, the pressure pump has two non-marking hooks that allow the pump to be easily attached to the foot of the bed so it is out of the way.
How big is the pump?
The pump is 10.25” x 3.5” x 4.75”
We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find another online store that offers a lower price than us within six months of your purchase date please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations. You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee. Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible. The item must be in stock on the competitor's website. The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location. The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..). The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer of the product in question
The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges. It excludes sales tax.
- ORDER CONFIRMATION: As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that your product is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
- ORDER SHIPMENT: If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will be shipped within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you your tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com.
- DAMAGES: Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right. If your item(s) do arrive damaged, please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact the supplier on your behalf.
- CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS: Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order. Fatima Mobility will credit any freight and/or handling fee on the original order paid by the customer on returns that are due to a Fatima Mobility or supplier's error. Since we keep our price low, all orders canceled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges + 20-50% (cost of product) restocking fee. Custom-made goods are not subject to return under any circumstances.